Weddings can be stressful! To help reduce stress make sure you plan everything well in advance of your wedding. The following planning calendar can be used to plan all aspects of your wedding. Please feel free to print a copy. We also recommend that you keep all your planning information, vendor quotes & proposals in a notebook for easy reference.
6-12 Months Before The Wedding
• Set the date and time of the wedding and reserve the ceremony location.
• Set the location for the reception.
• For church weddings visit appropriate clergy members.
• Discuss expenses and establish the wedding budget.
• Reserve the date with your florist.
• Choose attendants, honour attendants and ushers.
• Order your wedding invitations and announcements. Click here to visit our unique invitations online. You can even order samples!
• Begin both the bride and groom’s guest lists.
• Determine the size and formality of the wedding.
• Shop for bridal gown and headpiece & jewellery. Click here for jewelry designed for today’s bridal fashions.
• Select and reserve photographer and/or videographer.
• Select and reserve musicians for wedding and reception.
• Shop for attendant’s attire and accessories and establish a colour scheme. Click here for bridesmaid accessory ideas.
2-4 Months Before the Wedding
• Meet with your florist to order your wedding flowers. Bring a sketch or photo of your dress and colour swatches of your bridesmaids’ dresses.
• Address all wedding invitations and announcements.
• Shop for trousseau attire.
• Confirm date and time of wedding rehearsal.
• Plan rehearsal dinner.
• Arrange lodging for out-of-town guests and attendants.
• Select gifts for attendants and ushers.
• Make appointment for blood tests.
• Finalize details with reception coordinator.
• Select music and meet with musicians.
• Have your wedding portrait taken.
• Order the wedding cake.
• Order wedding favours, guest books, toasting flutes, table cameras etc. Click here for information & ideas.
• Order your wedding rings.
• Register for china, silver and crystal patterns and other home gifts.
• Discuss honeymoon ideas.
4-6 Weeks Before The Wedding
• Mail your wedding invitations.
• Schedule the final fitting of your gown.
• Make your reservation to have your wedding bouquet preserved and to arrange how it will be delivered for preservation. Click here for information on bouquet preservation.
• Call your reception coordinator to finalize last minute details.
• Meet with photographer and videographer to discuss details.
• Arrange special transportation for wedding party.
• Plan the attendants’ luncheon or party.
• Select the groom’s gift.
• Prepare seating chart for reception guests.
• Write thank-you notes for shower gifts and wedding gifts as they arrive. Click here for information about “thank you” notes online.
• Place announcement in local newspapers.
Two Weeks Before The Wedding
• Make final check with officiate, musicians, organist, photographer, videographer and reception coordinator.
• Obtain the marriage license.
• Begin name changes on bank accounts and official documents. Click here for information on a name change kit.
• Keep a list of wedding gifts and their senders as they arrive.
• Finalize seating chart for reception guests.
One Week Before The Wedding
• Give the final guest count for the reception.
• Arrange pick up of guests and attendants arriving at airports.
• Arrange to have your dress cleaned and preserved after the wedding.
• Make sure you assign someone to take care of your bridal bouquet during the reception and to make sure it gets to the preservation company.
Three Weeks After The Wedding
• Make sure you get all your “thank you” notes written. Send notes to wedding vendors that did a great job for you and let them know how pleased you were with their service.
• Call your bouquet preservation company to select your display. Click here for details.
• Follow up with photographer & videographer